Porcelain crowns and bridges are types of prosthetics used to strengthen or replace damaged teeth. A porcelain crown is a cap used to cover and fortify a damaged tooth, while a porcelain bridge is used to fill in gaps caused by missing teeth.
Here at Reflections Dental Spa, we offer both porcelain crowns and bridges as safe and effective treatment plans for those with missing or damaged teeth. Call us today to see how we can get you smiling again!
What Are the Advantages of Porcelain Dental Crowns and Bridges?
There are a handful of benefits that come from using a porcelain crown or dental bridge to solve your teeth troubles. Our dentists will help you determine which treatment plan might be best for you.
Benefits of Porcelain Dental Crowns
- Restorative: Porcelain crowns can restore a damaged tooth back to its original healthy state.
- Natural-looking: Porcelain crowns are naturally white in color, allowing a person to maintain a pearly white smile.
- Durable: Porcelain crowns can last up to 10 years with good maintenance. They also prevent further damage to the tooth.
- Aesthetic: A person can choose to have a porcelain crown placed on a tooth to cover up severe staining and minor cracks or chips.
Benefits of Porcelain Bridges
- Aesthetic restoration: Having one or more missing teeth can make a person feel self conscious. With a bridge, you will be able to smile again with confidence.
- Functionality restoration: Missing teeth hinder the ability to chew and speak properly. Dental bridges fill in the gaps of missing teeth to make these functions natural and easy.
- Shift prevention: When you have a missing tooth it can cause other teeth to move from their original position. A dental bridge can prevent this shifting.
- Pain mitigation: With missing teeth, your bite force is concentrated on the teeth you have, which can cause pain and difficulty eating. A bridge allows the force to be evenly distributed while you eat.
How Much Do Dental Crowns Cost? How Much Do Dental Bridges Cost?
There are some different factors that will affect the cost of your dental crowns or dental bridges:
- Types of material used: The choice of materials, ranging from traditional metals to high-end ceramics, significantly influences pricing.
- Teeth preparation: The extent of teeth preparation, whether minimal or extensive, directly impacts the overall costs of the procedure.
- Number of dental visits required: The number of dental visits needed for assessment, preparation, and fitting is a key determinant in the total cost.
- Insurance coverage: Insurance coverage plays a crucial role in influencing out-of-pocket expenses associated with dental crown or bridge treatments.
If you have any questions about your dental treatment costs, please call us today! We are happy to answer any questions you might have regarding your oral health.
Porcelain Crowns and Cosmetic Dentistry
Porcelain dental crowns are frequently used in cosmetic dentistry. Here are some of the cosmetic reasons a porcelain crown might be used:
- Tooth repair: An injury or accident can cause damage to a tooth. A crown is used to repair the damage and restore the tooth’s appearance.
- Tooth strengthening: A root canal surgery can weaken a tooth, so a dental crown covers the original tooth to strengthen it.
- Tooth protection: A crown may be used to keep a weak or decayed tooth from breaking. If a tooth is already cracked, a crown can hold the parts together.
- Implant coverage: A dental implant replaces a missing or decayed tooth root. A dental crown is then placed on top of the implant to replace the original tooth.
- Aesthetic appearance: If a tooth is severely stained or misshapen, a crown can be used to cover the imperfections and restore the tooth to its natural, beautiful appearance.
Porcelain crowns stand out as an excellent choice for patients pursuing cosmetic dentistry. If you have questions about your eligibility for a porcelain crown, our knowledgeable professionals are here to help you make informed decisions about your dental health.
Share Your Smile Again with a Porcelain Crown from Reflections Dental Spa
If you want to improve your smile, a porcelain crown or bridge might be the perfect option for you. Call us today to schedule an appointment with our skilled cosmetic dentist!