It is very important to start your child on good oral health care habits at an early age. We take pride in giving your child a dental experience that leaves them happy and healthy.
Here at Reflections Dental Spa, we provide quality dental services for your child in a relaxing, calm, and safe environment. Call us today to schedule your child’s needed dental services!
Your child may have cavities or dental damage that the naked eye cannot detect. To be able to monitor the development of their teeth, our dentists use safe dental x-rays.
Dental x-rays enable our dentists to be able to:
- Detect issues in the mouth that the visual eye cannot see
- Detect oral health problems before they worsen
- Anticipate how your child’s teeth will form
X-rays are an important preventative dental service that is performed for each child that visits our office.
The “pulp” of a tooth is found at the center of each tooth and is composed of nerves, tissue, and blood vessels. Sometimes the pulp can get damaged from tooth decay or traumatic injury. This can lead to painful pulp exposure or inflammation.
Our dentists will perform a visual examination and evaluate x-rays of the child’s affected areas. The amount and location of pulp damage will determine the nature of treatment.
The main treatment we perform is known as a pulpotomy. If the pulp root remains unaffected by injury or decay, the dentists may leave the healthy part alone and only remove the affected pulp. The resulting gap is filled with a biocompatible material that prevents further infection. Usually, a crown is placed on top to minimize the risk of future fractures.
Dental restorations in children are a way for us to treat dental problems such as tooth decay, dental cavities, and any other damage or disease in order to restore the functionality of the teeth. This will also help prevent future problems.
Dental restorations allow the structures of the teeth to remain healthy and help your child maintain good oral hygiene.
Types of Dental Restorations
Here is a list of the most common types of dental restorations offered at Reflections Dental Spa:
- Dental fillings
- Dental Crowns
- Space Maintainers
While our dental team will make every effort to keep your child’s teeth healthy, there may be some situations where removing the tooth is the best option. We may recommend extracting your child’s tooth if:
- There is too much tooth decay to restore the tooth
- The baby tooth is preventing the permanent teeth from erupting properly
- The tooth needs to be pulled in preparation for orthodontic treatment
- The tooth has sustained damage from trauma or severe infection
Our dental team will work as gently as possible when removing your child’s tooth. We want your child to feel comfortable in our office, so we will make every effort to ensure that their tooth extraction is as painless as possible.
We will numb the area with a local anesthetic and, if needed, gently loosen the tooth root from the surrounding gums and bone so that it can be safely and painlessly extracted.
If your child loses a baby tooth prematurely due to decay, extraction, or dental trauma, you may think nothing of it. While it is certainly true that your child will eventually have a permanent tooth erupt in the space left by a missing baby tooth, it is also true that baby teeth lost too early can cause problems for erupting permanent teeth.
Our dentists might recommend something called a space maintainer for your child.
What is a space maintainer? A space maintainer is an oral appliance used to “maintain” the space left behind by a missing baby tooth. Fixed space maintainers are cemented into the mouth, while removable space maintainers look similar to orthodontic appliances.
When a permanent tooth begins to erupt, the space maintainer will be removed since it has served its purpose.
If you think your child might need a space maintainer, call our office today to meet with one of our certified dentists. We will help keep your child’s oral health on the right track!
Lip Tie and Tongue Tie
Why Are Tongue Ties and Lip Ties a Problem?
A tongue tie is a membrane under the tongue that limits oral mobility. In severe cases, a tie can cause long term dental problems, underdeveloped speech, or significant feeding problems that last beyond infancy.
How Is Lip Tie or Tongue Tie Corrected?
A frenectomy is used to correct lip and tongue ties. The entire treatment generally takes less than one minute to complete.
- First, a topical anesthetic is given to your child.
- Second, a soft tissue laser precisely cuts the tissue to free the movement of the lip or tongue.
- Next, the laser cauterizes while it cuts to prevent bleeding.
More Children’s Dental Services We Offer!
We offer many children’s dental services here at Reflections Dental Spa. Our goal is to help keep your child’s oral health in check to prevent dental complications down the road.
Here is a list of some more dental services that we offer at our office:
- Painless wand injections: The “wand” provides a pain-free and less fearful option from the traditional syringe. The wand injection system uses a technique that numbs your tissues as you go, creating a pathway of anesthetic with continuous pressure typically below most patient’s pain threshold.
- Tooth-colored composite fillings: Cavities can be pretty common in children. Because of that, we use a tooth-colored filling material that will match the natural tooth texture and color to treat cavities.
- Invisalign for kids: For some children, our dentists might recommend Invisalign to help straighten their smile. Just like for adults, there are many advantages to using Invisalign over traditional metal braces.
- Jaw therapy and realignment: We also address sleep concerns and malocclusion in developing children.
Choose Us for Your Child’s Next Dental Treatment
We know the importance of taking care of your child’s oral health needs. Put your confidence in us and schedule your child’s next dental treatment today.