A strong jawbone plays a crucial role in not only the success of dental implant procedures but also in your oral health and daily activities overall. Here at Reflections Dental Spa, we understand this which is why we offer bone grafts.
Bone grafting is a specialized treatment we offer with our periodontist to effectively address bone loss in the jaw. This procedure involves transplanting healthy bone tissue to areas where bone density has diminished, creating a solid foundation for future dental work. Whether you’re considering dental implants or looking to improve your oral health, our bone grafting services are designed to restore and enhance the structural integrity of your jawbone.
Call our office in San Ramon today to learn more about this procedure and to set up a consultation.
What Is a Bone Graft?
A bone graft is a procedure that involves the placement of healthy bone tissue in your jaw where bone loss has occurred. Bone grafts are commonly used to supplement your jawbone and provide an adequate amount of bone density for a dental implant procedure.
Benefits of Dental Bone Grafting for Implant Dentistry
You might not be as familiar with the bone graft procedure, so there are multiple benefits that you should be aware of.
- It helps with implant support and stability. Bone grafts are a common procedure performed to improve bone density and structure for the placement of dental implants. The procedure is straightforward.
- It provides sufficient bone volume and density for a dental implant. A dental implant requires a sufficient amount of bone density for the procedure to be successful. The bone graft material fuses to your existing bone and provides more material to sustain an implant.
- It improves your facial profile. Your jawbone creates the shape of your face. The loss of jawbone, known as bone resorption, can lead to a change in your physical appearance. A bone graft will enhance the appearance of your jaw and restore your profile.
How Does a Dental Bone Grafting Procedure Work?
A bone graft is a procedure that involves the placement of healthy bone tissue in the area of your jawbone where bone has been lost or receded. After the bone is placed, it will take time to fuse and become part of your jaw.
Call and schedule your free consultation with our office to learn more about what you can expect during your bone graft procedure.
After-Treatment Care and What to Expect
When your bone graft procedure is finished, we will provide aftercare instructions to make sure the area heals properly. Here is what you can expect:
- An antibiotic prescription: Antibiotics are often prescribed to bone graft patients to prevent infection after the procedure and ensure the area heals properly.
- A list of foods to eat: In the days immediately following the procedure, you should avoid eating putting stress on the area surrounding the bone graft. We will provide you with a list of soft foods to eat that will aid the healing process.
- A period of waiting: Patience is key in creating your new smile. It takes time for your bone graft to become part of your jaw and fuse to your existing bone. This provides the foundation for a successful dental implant procedure.
Once your bone graft has healed and fused with your jawbone, you will have sufficient bone density to ensure the success of your dental implant procedure.
What Is a Sinus Lift?
A sinus lift is a common procedure used to provide greater bone density in preparation for the placement of a dental implant. During the procedure, bone is added to the sinus area between the back of your upper jaw.
What’s the Benefit of a Sinus Lift?
A sinus lift provides sufficient bone density for patients that have experienced bone loss in the upper jaw. The additional bone will fuse with your existing bone to provide adequate bone structure to support dental implants.
A Bone Graft Teeth Can Depend On
Bone grafting is a common procedure performed prior to a dental implant. Your jawbone plays a central role in your oral health. It anchors your teeth in place and stabilizes your teeth. As you chew and bite, the pressure applied to your teeth strengthens your jawbone, stimulating its growth.
How Much Does a Bone Graft Cost?
Because everyone’s mouth is different, the cost of a bone graft varies between patients. There are multiple factors that impact the cost of a bone graft including:
- The amount of bone material used
- The length of the procedure
To receive a quote about the cost of a bone graft, give our office a call and schedule your free dental implant consultation today!
Call Us Today to Schedule Your FREE Consultation and Find Out More about Dental Bone Grafting
Dental bone grafting is a valuable procedure used to replace a missing portion of your jawbone and provide adequate bone structure for the implant procedure. We offer free dental implant consultations so that you can learn more about what the procedure entails.
During your consultation, we will perform a comprehensive 3D examination to assess your bone structure and determine if a bone grafting procedure is necessary. Give our office a call to claim your free consultation today!